I only have 21 days how can i do it!Posted in CategoryLesson Q&A
EEsther Deal 1 week ago
I have auditions for a talent show and really want to make it into the talent show how can i do it!
CCamille van Niekerk 1 week ago
Hi, Esther! Here are my suggestions:
1. Start warming up + exercising your voice daily.
2. Choose your audition song (in a good key & style for you) and begin learning the melody.
3. Find an instrumental track or sheet music.
4. Practice the melody on an easy syllable (without lyrics); isolate difficult sections and sing the melody like a warmup (an example would be singing the melody on the syllable "guh" if you are sounding too breathy, in order to train better cord closure).
5. Add the lyrics back in and connect to the story/emotion/character.
6. Practice to the point that it's muscle memory and you feel confident that you're singing your best!
7. If you'd like, perform for some friends or family members, or anyone you trust to give you support (and feedback, if you ask for it).
There's a lot more in my tutorial on performance - I suggest watching it! https://www.30daysinger.com/tutorial/perform-like-a-pro/1
Best of luck!