breathPosted in Category Technique and Style
MMOUNA 3 years ago
hello i try to sing the national anthem with coach camille lesson 8 but during singing i run out of breath i want to know how can i hold my breath longer?
BBilly 3 years ago
Good question. For a lot of people, singing can be difficult when you're trying to reach higher notes, or extend your range. This can end up feeling like you're running out of breath. So it's important to learn about breath control!
Check out Camille's lesson on breath control here: https://www.30daysinger.com/tutorial/breath-control-like-a-pro/1
CCamille van Niekerk 3 years ago
I'd ask a few questions:
1. Are you taking a deep breath in which your belly, ribs, and back expand?
2. Are you maintaining tall posture when you sing, with your chest and ribs up?
3. Are you engaging your low abs & pelvic floor in that gentle "down and out" feeling to keep your ribcage expanded?
4. Is your cord compression healthy and strong, or are you leaking a lot of air when you sing (breathy tone)?
5. Are you remembering to breathe between phrases?
Hope that helps, and let us know if you're still having issues!